Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Week 4 is finally here...

So today is four weeks from the day I started this new journey, and I am proud to say I am still going...  While I am not where I want to be, I am about 14 pounds closer than I was a month ago, and that is good for me.   Christmas was yesterday, and I must say, it was not bad.  My family opted for seafood instead of the traditional turkey and trimmings meal. 

I received a low-cal cook book for Christmas, by far my favorite gift.  I will be using it quite a bit!

There are still times I struggle with food, there are days when I want to eat what I want to eat without consideration of the consequences, however, I do not want to gain the weight back...I am fortunate that good sense wins out of the desire for instant gratification.  I was on pinterest, my other guilty pleasure, and saw a quote that helps keep me motivated :Don't give up what you want MOST for what you WANT right now.  While these words are simple, they mean so much.  Of course I could eat whatever I wanted to and be fine, generally speaking, but that will hinder my plan to be a healthier me, which is what I want most.

My biggest struggle lately have been to resist peanut butter cookies and to workout.  It is true, that skipping one day make it easier to skip the next.  Before I knew it 5 days had gone by and I did not have any exercise.  I was hurt to see that, so on Christmas Morning, I was up working out while the rest of my home was nestled in the beds. 

I have been weighing in for about a week and have not seen a change in my weight.  Normally, I might get discouraged, but I am actually fine with that.  As I mentioned, I have been waring with peanut butter cookies, and sadly, they win most often.  This being said, without my weight changing, that means I am doing enough to at least maintain my weight, which is more than I have done in the past.

One thing I am extremely relieved about is the level of support from my family and friends...people are very supportive, more than I had imagined.  It makes me super happy.  While I receive the nice words, the actions mean so much more.  Willing to try new recipes with me, eat in more than eating out, helping me watch what I eat, and most of all not pressuring me into eating things that I do not need to take in.

I am proud of my progress, my newer goal is to do better with my water intake and to get in more exercise.

This is all for now...I will keep you posted!

Oh yeah...here marks progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment