Friday, December 7, 2012

Spaghetti Squash!!!

Just a quick blurb about what I had for lunch today.  It was super delicious!!! I had spaghetti squash.  It was a lot easier to make than I thought, and tasted a WHOLE lot better than what I expected. 
I purchased the squash and cooked it the same night.  It cost about $2 or so at the store for a small one, on average they are about $.99lb, but the store I went to was more expensive.

I cut it in half lengthwise, this takes a little work, the exterior is hard.  I scooped out the seed and threw them away.  I put the two halves in a 9x13 pan flesh side down, and baked them at 375 for 35-40 minutes.  When they came out I let the cool enough to be able to handle them.  I used a for to scrape out the insides.  I used a raking motion, and it came up like noodle. 

Since I was not sure what taste to expect, I seasoned it while it was hot and fresh.  I used salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.  Mixed it together and that was that.  I added it to some spaghetti sauce I had made previously.

I was brave enough to give it a try today, (well I had a co-worker try it first).  It had my entire office smelling delicious.  I was pleased that it tastes just as great as it smelled.  My sampler asked for the recipe.  I use a spaghetti sauce that has carrots, zucchini, onions, and few other veggies already in it, so it seemed to be a win all around.

Weight loss is tasting pretty good!

This is not my actual food, I ate it before i thought to take a photo.  I got this on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment