Thursday, December 13, 2012

2 weeks in...

Well I am two weeks in and I am ready to call it quits!!! That is my most honest feeling about it all.  However, there are some hesitations once give a little thought.  Today was a hard day for me, I defeated myself before 9am.  Today, a co-worker offered my potatoes and sausage for breakfast, another offered a cupcake, another a piece of chocolate pecan pie, none of which I turned down.  WHY???  Why did I allow myself to give in after two weeks of doing so well?  Reality, reality set in and I dealt with it.  Truth of the matter is, I wanted everything that had been offered to me.  It did not end there, at church, we had nachos...that CHEESE was DELICIOUS!!!

Now, that I am back on track and ready to be honest, I am able to update my journey.

Last night I felt a ton of guilt for splurging in the calorie department and eating more than my body needed to.  I went home and debated if it was even worth working out, or if I would just crawl into the bed and sleep the shame away.  As I sat in contemplation, I could only hear my own voice saying, it you exercise tonight, it will make working out tomorrow even easier.  You will feel better about yourself.  The least you could do is 30 mins of activity to help counter act your poor decisions today.  I reminded myself of some promises I had made to myself and the whole reason I want to lose weight. 

With that I got up, and went to work on the wii fit.  I did 31 minutes of exercise, broke a sweat, started to feel the burn, and most importantly felt like I was back in control.  I loved every second of it.  As I was choosing the activities I would do I felt me challenging myself to do the running and cardio stuff as opposed to the easy, no pain no gain things.

I weighed in yesterday before going to bed ( i know you are supposed to weigh first thing in the morning) I needed that visual reassurance that I was not back at square one.  Much to my surprise the scale said 230.6.  That made me smile, that is the lowest weight yet.  The funnier thing, this is the first time I have been able to share what my true weight is!  To date, I have lost about 10.4 pounds...Im excited about the progress. I have not lost as many this week as in the first, but that is okay, progress is good regardless.  Besides, the doctor warned me this may be the case.

I am not sure if it is my imagination or not, but it seems like my clothes are even fitting me better.  All in all, I am doing well.

The one struggle I have is not wanting to eat.  I am still trying to eat breakfast and snacks consistently.  It is hard when my body is not actually hungry. 

Well, I am sure I will be back again soon!  Until then, progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment